Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What is on the Looms at the Start of the New Year

On Mum’s loom is a 2/8 cotton tea towel warp.  It is a striped warp in shades of green, purple and blue.  The pattern is Crackle and the weft is green, she has used some other colours but I’ll let her tell you more later.

On my loom is a 2/30 cotton shawl warp.  It is almost 900 threads in the warp and a lovely cream colour.  The pattern is also Crackle and the weft is black 2/20 Tencel, I’ll be telling you more later.

These are both projects for our Study Group with the Qualicum Weavers, hopefully they will be done before the next meeting on the 19th!
The final picture is of my knitting angel that I made in May sitting on top of my pink Christmas tree.  Adorable!

2 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Both are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors and patterns! I'm looking forward to the day I can finally actually begin weaving on my new to me floor loom. There is soooo much to learn!!!
Hugs for now from snowy New Hampshire, and hoping you have a Spectacular New Year!!!
Beth P
https://pinkopossumstudio.blogspot.com